Our new 320 gallon pot still has arrived! When it’s up and running, this behemoth will give us the capability to distill up to 30 gallons of whiskey in a single run.
It’s the exact twin of our 60-gallon still, but without the fractioning column. It will be used as a first-pass stripper still, and finishing will continue be done on the small still located in our tasting room.
Major modifications are being made on the building across the street, to accommodate this device’s 15 foot high condenser.
Future plans include a bottling line and labeling machine. Next year when the new tasting room is completed, it will include viewing windows across the length of the back wall.
Our gift, schwag and spirits shop is now open, and new merchandise is arriving every week. This expansion doubles the space available to accommodate visitors. Come on by and take a look. We’re open every day from noon until 6:00pm.
The Riverfront Arts District (RAD) is one square block beside the Missouri River in historic downtown New Haven, MO (pop. 2,000), about one hour’s drive southwest of St. Louis. We are in the heart of Missouri Wine Country. Our Downtown is experiencing a dramatic growth in visitor traffic, driven largely by Astral Glass Studios, Pinckney Bend Distillery and Cedar Creek Conference Center/Resort.
What We’re Looking For
1. We need a place to eat, drink and gather; a place that offers good food at reasonable prices in a congenial atmosphere.
2. We need an operator with restaurant experience, management skills, enthusiasm, and sufficient resources to build the business.
3. We need a restaurateur who will be a partner, willing to work with others to promote downtown, and to bring a food component to the development of unique events and activities.
Features & Benefits
Downtown New Haven is quickly becoming a destination. This transition is driven by our unique combination of 19th and 20th century buildings in excellent condition, a picturesque riverbank location, and several ‘anchor’ businesses.
- Established downtown visitor traffic
- Business-friendly climate
- Excellent potential for upper tier local & business trade
- Currently no downtown ‘eat-in’ competition
- DREAM status community, organized for action
Other important Downtown selling points include:
- Proximity to markets (STL, Columbia, KC, Central Illinois)
- Year ’round advertising and promotional activities
- Day’s worth of interesting things to do, plus lodging
- In Missouri Wine Country, between Hermann and Washington
- Established visitor-oriented business base
- Restored Art Deco movie theater
What We Have To Offer
1. Front Street location available at low monthly rental rate, with a three-month rent free make-ready period before opening. “Turn-Key” business opportunity, fully equipped with tables, chairs, kitchen equipment, etc.
2. At least 50 local patrons willing to make a commitment to dine at the new restaurant at least once every two weeks for the first 4 months of operation.
3. Pinckney Bend Distillery (PBD) will promote the restaurant on its rack cards (distributed 30k in 2014) at no cost to the restaurant.
4. Downtown visitor-oriented businesses will promote the new restaurant on their respective social media sites. Total reach is about 7,200 followers.
5. PBD Media Department will assist restaurant in the writing and placing of press releases, and if necessary, help set up restaurant social media feeds.
6. PBD will work with the restaurant in developing and promoting at least one spirit themed dining event. We will work with our local winery and brewery to do the same.